Monday, November 28th, 2022

Two Sevenoaks residents and a dog given oxygen by firefighters after inhaling smoke caused by kitchen fire

Fire crew wearing breathing apparatus tackled a blaze in Hitchen Hatch Lane, Sevenoaks, on Sunday evening at around 8.30pm.

Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called after reports of a kitchen fire. Two fire engines were sent to the scene, and the crews extinguished the fire with a hose reel jet. It’s believed the fire started after the hob was accidentally left on.

Firefighters provided two occupants with oxygen due to smoke inhalation, and they were then handed into the care of SECAmb paramedics for precautionary checks. Crews also gave oxygen to a dog using a special animal mask.

Kent Fire and Rescue Service is urging people to check, and then check again to make sure hobs and other cooking appliances are turned off after cooking, to reduce the chance of a fire starting.

Share With:
No Comments

Leave A Comment