It’s number nine – Sevenoaks District Council chairman launches another Every Step Counts weekly walk
THE ‘Every Step Counts’ walking groups have been growing in popularity since they began in the Sevenoaks area .
Every Step Counts are gentle, wellbeing walking groups that take place weekly across the district for free. Walkers now meet regularly in Sevenoaks, West Kingsdown, Swanley, Otford, Chevening, Riverhead, Edenbridge, Hextable, West Kingsdown and Swanley.
And now the Sevenoaks village of Hartley has also joined this list. Sevenoaks District Chairman, Cllr John Edwards-Winser, braved the rainy weather to launch this latest Every Step Counts walking group on Monday (10 June).
Hartley became the ninth location to host the walks, which last around 15 to 30 minutes. Each walk is led by two qualified volunteers who support and encourage the attendees the whole way. The walks are suitable for all abilities and usually end in a cup of tea and coffee with cake. Every Step Counts walks take place regardless of the weather and there is no need to book in advance.
Cllr John Edwards-Winser, said: “It was great fun to launch the Hartley Every Step Counts walk, even if we did get a bit wet! The walks are a good way for local people to get out in the community and meet new people, while keeping active.”
Walks take place at:
- Hartley – Mondays at 10:30am – Woodland Recreation Ground
- Edenbridge – Mondays at 11am – Edenbridge Leisure Centre
- Riverhead – Tuesdays at 10am – In front of Costa Coffee at Tesco Riverhead
- Hextable – Tuesdays at 10:30am – Main reception of Emerson Park, Rowhill Road
- Otford – Wednesdays at 10am – High Street Car Park by the Memorial Hall
- West Kingsdown – Wednesday at 10.30am – The Pavilion off London Road
- Chipstead – Thursdays at 10am – Opposite the Bricklayers Arms, Chevening Road
- Swanley – Thursdays at 10am – Swanley Park by the cafe.
- Sevenoaks – Thursdays at 2pm – Car Park of Greatness Park on Mill Lane
You do not need to book, simply turn up at your chosen venue before the walk begins.
To find out more about Every Step Counts walks visit: www.sevenoaks.gov.uk/walkingandrunning
or email: email@example.com