Close to Hand provides help to new mums in the Sevenoaks area
STUCK on the sofa with a baby that’s finally nodded off but you haven’t eaten since 6am? Nearly out of nappies? Do you have an ever mounting pile of washing, work to crack on with and housework to do?
Whether it’s one of the above, all of the above, or you just need someone to help with those everyday tasks while you take some time to rest and recover following the birth of your baby – Close to Hand can help you.
The online service connects you to local helpers in Sevenoaks who can pop in and provide an extra pair of hands as and when needed.
The choice is yours
Home Helpers can provide assistance on an ad-hoc, short term basis or for a longer term depending on your requirements. The service provides you with the flexibility to arrange help at times to suit you and offers you the choice to select a helper by searching through profiles of those in our local area.
Home Helpers can assist by:
- Taking your shopping list to the supermarket to pick up household essentials.
- Driving you to appointments if following surgery you are temporarily unable to.
- Popping over once or twice a week to help with the ever-growing laundry pile.
- Helping with household tasks; running the hoover round, washing up or changing the bedsheets
- Preparing lunch or an evening meal while you feed the baby or give it your full attention
- Being there on a short-term or ad-hoc basis if you’re solo parenting – when your partner returns to work, works long hours, or is travelling.
- Helping out with the day-to-day if you’re unwell or just need a helping hand
- Making a hot cup of tea and sharing much needed conversation!
Help when you need it
The level of help received can be agreed by you, using the online secure messaging service, whether it’s daily, once a week or on an ad-hoc basis. Close to Hand Home Helpers are self-employed and set their own hourly rate which can be found on their profiles; this is typically between £8-£15 per hour making it an affordable and flexible option. Often Home Helpers are mums themselves with grown up or school-aged children looking for work to fit around the school run, or newly retired people seeking local work with a purpose.
Register by clicking here with Close to Hand now to find help in the Sevenoaks area
You can find out more about Close to Hand and other services they offer by going to their website at: